Monday, September 17, 2012

Eat. Run. Sleep. Repeat.

It's that time again...training season for the NYC Marathon (or any fall marathon). Runners come out of the woodwork and the West Side Highway turns into a free-for-all. I have to say that although my social life has taken a nose dive, I spend most nights in compression socks, and my foam rollar has become a torture device, I just LOVE the feeling of getting ready for a challenge. This year I'm beyond thrilled because I'm on the Polycystic Kidney Foundation team! This charity is so special to me and I've been wanting to raise money for them in a race for a few years. I got lucky this year when a few weeks ago a spot opened up.

What does this mean? ...for starters I'll be asking everyone I've ever met, dated, are related to, went to school with, drank at a bar with, worked with/for, or just know somehow for a donation to my fundraising page! Please donate!! It's for a GREAT cause. My goal is $3,000...and when I say goal, I mean I have to raise that amount or I'm not running the marathon and will be the loser of the PKD team. The money raised will go to research and finding treatments for Polycystic Kidney Disease.

Factoids you didn't know...PKD is one of the most common life-threatening genetic diseases, affecting more people than Down syndrome, cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy, hemophilia, and sickle cell anemia – combined. There is no treatment for PKD and no cure - YET. PKD equally affects men, women and children – regardless of age, race, geography or ethnic origin and does not skip a generation. So I ask for your generosity in donating something on my behalf to the PKD Foundation at my fundraising page below:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/tiffanyphipps/2012-run-for-pkd-ing-nyc-marathon-team

Now some funny photo's of past races to get you psyched...


Maui Jim sunglasses and the racing equivalent of a fanny pack...major fashion DON'T! Jeez Tiff...

Wow, I'm looking pretty good...little do you know that it was blistering hot in Central Park for this race and I threw up coming into the finish line. hot...

Morning of the NYC Marathon...maybe a bit nervous here booting up. And why do I look like I'm 10 yrs old again?
Sure, it's all fun and games 13 miles in...


Thank. You. God. I finished... ps-that is not my time, they start the clock when the first corral starts.

About to DIE on the great wall of china. This is round 2 on the wall at miles 22-25 and I may not look like it but I'm contemplating jumping off the side.

In shock and awe...pretty damn proud of myself for finishing this one.


XO-Tiff







2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany,
    Wondering if you are the same TP from NY entered in the Tarawera Ultra in 2013? I'm registered too.
    Jill NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am! I'm getting excited/nervous for the race. We should do a run together, I'd love to compare training notes! Shoot me a msg on Facebook under Tiffany Phipps.

    ReplyDelete

By Tiffany Phipps