Monday, August 29, 2011

Oh Irene...

I spent the weekend bunker-ed down in NYC waiting for hurricane Irene to show up...she finally did Saturday night but only for a few hours of which nothing too exciting happened.  That was good, however with the city on lock down it was eerily quiet and like nothing I've ever experienced as a Manhattanite so far. We took walks both pre and post storm and wondered where all the people went...strange. The weather was great on Saturday and the forced nothingness was a little hard to take...however I did find some great pieces for work at the ONLY store open in Soho (Aritzia). That was a fun hurricane surprise.

Canal St.



A very deserted Broadway St. in Soho

We decided to try some 'Little Branch-esque' cocktails for fun and this one, in honor of my friend Summer who LOVES scotch, was pretty decent! Try it with 1 shot scotch, touch of Grand Marnier, 1 muddled peach, fresh mint, 1/4 lemon squeezed, 1 tbsp Agave Syrup. Shake everything together with ice, pour, and drink. Cheers!



XO-Tiff

2 comments:

  1. Very eerie shots of New York, yes I'd need that drink after a walk into one of those scenes. Nice photos Tiff! Way to brave the storm. Vermont didn't fare as well, I'm shocked at how much damage they have up there. Glad your safe. xoxo (it won't let me sign below, I'll just have to stay anonymous...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, love the ode to scotch. Looks like a great concoction! Glad you survived the storm.

    ReplyDelete

By Tiffany Phipps