Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Raw Oatmeal

I'm a big breakfast person...big time. I always wake up hungry. Who doesn't? Not sure how those people who just drink coffee do it?! "Aren't you hungry?!" I would die...just die. Or be really cranky... Anyways, I'm always on the look out for healthy/raw breakfasts. I've been making this raw oatmeal all week and it's pretty darn good.


Directions: Combine 1/4 cup Organic Steel Cut Oats (Must make sure these are raw-most commercial brands heat them prior to packaging) and 1/2 cup water in a container and soak overnight night. In the morning dump the extra water off the top and throw the oats into the blender with either 1 Banana, 1 Apple, or 1 Pear (your choice). I also add a dollop of raw honey and sprinkle some cinnamon to taste. Blend for a minute and pour into a bowl. Add raw almonds/dried figs/raisins/blackberries/blueberries....anything raw and tasty. Voila! Raw Oatmeal. So good!!






 

For this morning I used a Banana, Dried Organic Figs, and Blueberries. It's raw, dairy-free, totally filling, and e-a-s-y. (Requirement for self-made BK)


Happy Wednesday. XO-Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment

By Tiffany Phipps