Monday, June 13, 2011

Vegan Cookie Monster

Today I was craving cookies so I decided to bake some vegan ones to satisfy the craving. I was doing recipe research from vegan blogs to find a recipe that not only was vegan but didn't use vegan butter or egg substitutes. I find both of these things weird...in fact, I find all substitute food odd.

Anyways, I found this recipe on The Caramel Cookie and decided to give it a whirl.  Of course I changed the ingredients a bit...see my list below.


Ingredients:

1 cup organic whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (less if your salt is really salty like mine)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup organic coconut oil
1/2 cup of non-dairy carob chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix in the maple syrup, vanilla, carob chips, and oil. Stir until very well combined.

Bake for 8 minutes (for chewy not crispy cookies), being careful not to overbake them or they will dry out. Cook up to 11 minutes if you want them harder.

These were awesome and not too "bad" for you. No butter, refined sugar, eggs, real chocolate, or dairy products. Sometimes a girl just needs a cookie right? I actually ate 2 for breakfast...


2 comments:

  1. yum. totally have to try these out. thrilled I stumbled upon your blog. I'm following, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Any support would be awesome. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yours looks so good! I'll have to make some with wheat flour next time :).

    ReplyDelete

By Tiffany Phipps