Sunday, May 8, 2011

McQueen the Great

Today I went to the Alexander McQueen retrospective 'Savage Beauty' at the Met. The line and crowd was outrageous but I managed to snap a shot of the opening piece.

Alexander McQueen; VOSS, Spring/Summer 2001

The exhibit was inspiring, dark, and moving. It highlighted the late McQueen's impeccable tailoring and brilliant creativity. The pieces were darkly romantic with massive amounts of tulle, feathers, leather, bones, and beading twisted together into an exquisite piece of couture. Amazing. So sad to lose such a talented visionary.

Museum Nerd Chic
I picked a leather Vince dress to wear this weekend pairing the dress today with my white mason martin margiela "painter" sneakers and a brown Hermes Lindy bag. Perfect for a stop into Sotheby's to look at the up-coming pieces for the Contemporary and Modern Art auctions this week (Also incredible).




Dubbing these my "Pollock Shoes"



























For a late lunch with MacKenzie on Saturday I chose a more polished Celine wedge with bangles from Banana Republic and Calipso.

Love these self shots...I really need a tripod!

3 comments:

  1. You looked great yesterday, as always. Love the leather dress and perfect for a 70 degree Saturday in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the play by play, and hot dress!

    ReplyDelete

By Tiffany Phipps